Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where it is a first down PIRATES!!!

AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

As the summer winds down and school draws nearer, so does the excitement of football season! This will be the first year I will not be involved in marching band or able to attend all Pirate football games as I no longer live in Greenville, NC. It is a bittersweet feeling knowing that I will not be returning this fall for school and band since I have graduated and closed that chapter of my life. With that said, I do plan to attend the ECU vs. UCF game here in Orlando, FL as well as the UCF vs. USF game also here in Orlando as I am a big Skip Holtz fan. I also want to try to make it back for Homecoming. This may prove to be difficult if jobs are in place. Even if I can't make it to any games, I will be cheering on the Pirates every Saturday they play!!!



I feel that this is a big year for ECU and Pirate football with their stadium expansions, new head coach and fresh new talent on the field. I have faith that Coach Ruffin McNeil will be doing great things with the team this season and will lead them to their third consecutive Conference USA title and back to WIN the Liberty Bowl (Something we have failed to do the last two years)!




I hope the ECU Marching Pirates also have great success this season as they embark on the second year with a new director and what appears to be a very large band compared to last years.



GO PIRATES!!!!!!

1 comment: