Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In memory...we miss you

It has been a year to the date that we lost a family member on my husband's side of the family. We all really struggled with the loss and sometimes it is still not easy to think about. I know my husband was very hurt by the loss. We had just seen Uncle Rick at Thanksgiving and everything was wonderful with him at that time, so when the news came in April, it was very much as a shock!

I think about him often and wanted to dedicate this post to him! While I did not get to spend much time with him, he was a very caring person and intriguing to talk to. He left behind a wonderful daughter, two granddaughters, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews. I know that we all miss him very much and think about him often.

I close this post with these song lyrics by Rascal Flatts...

"Oh, why? That's what I keep askin'
Was there anything we could have said or done?
Oh, I had no clue you were masking
A troubled soul, God only knows what went wrong
And why you'd leave the stage in the middle of a song
your absolutely beautiful song."

Uncle Rick we miss you and may you rest in peace! 

1 comment:

  1. very sweet post Jess! I am thinking about Douggles today

    ReplyDelete